Monday, August 29, 2022

Croatia Vacation - Hvar

 8/28-8/29/22

I have a ton of pictures from the boat and of the amazing scenery, but I'm going to dump those all in a separate post.  

The island of Hvar was our first main stop.  We pulled in to the Palenki Islands early in the afternoon to prepare for our dinner at Zori, which is just a short boat ride away from Hvar.  Our captain, Ante, fired up the dinghy and motored us to the restaurant, which is located in a beautiful cove.  I scored our group an amazing waterfront table that I got to enjoy for all of 5 minutes before my seasickness hit.  Long story short, I was able to escape the restaurant but I was unable to avoid blasting the nearby vegetation (and myself) with vomit.  It was an awkward ride back to the boat on the dinghy for me.  Everyone else had a wonderful time.

Totally not seasick...yet.


I woke up the next day fully recharged and ready to explore Hvar.  Unfortunately, the seasickness had shifted to Allison, so we had a rough morning.  She powered through Hvar with a medicinal cocktail of wine and ice cream.  





Upon reaching land, we immediately began the hike up to Tvrdava Fortica.  Thankfully multiple stops due to Allison's seasickness worked its magic and no one could tell how tired my fat ass would have been if we had to go up to the top without breaks.  There were beautiful views looking out from the top of the fort and there was a bar, so I highly recommend making the climb.  









After returning to town, everyone went off to explore and shop for a bit before meeting up for lunch.  We had planned to stay through dinner, but our reservation at Dalmatino was accidentally made for September 28th and not August 28th.  Oh well.  We had dinner on the boat with Darco and it was amazing.  

I think we would have spent more time in Hvar if we had been able to book a spot at the marina and onboard/offboard our gulet without use of the dinghy, but I was happy with what I was able to see.  Maybe we will return one day and give it the time is really deserves...maybe. 


No comments:

Post a Comment